POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm still alive Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  I'm still alive (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Warp
Subject: I'm still alive
Date: 22 May 2016 12:17:43
Message: <5741dba7@news.povray.org>
As you might have noticed from povray.org front page, there was some
kind of strange connection problem between the biggest ISP in Finland
and Sweden, and the povray.org servers. This lasted for months. During
this, I had no way of contacting povray.org from my computer (or even
my cellphone.)

Then one day the problem suddenly resolved itself, for unknown reasons.

Coincidentally, I have been having some problems with Linux, related to
some hardware issues and a graphics card upgrade. This isn't exactly
helping either. (I might just give up and start using a news reader in
Windows.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Glad to hear the connection issue seems to be sorted - your expert input
has been missed.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 22 May 2016 21:28:12
Message: <57425cac$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.05.2016 um 18:17 schrieb Warp:

> Then one day the problem suddenly resolved itself, for unknown reasons.

Welcome back.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 23 May 2016 11:31:02
Message: <57432236@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Coincidentally, I have been having some problems with Linux, related to
> some hardware issues and a graphics card upgrade. This isn't exactly
> helping either. (I might just give up and start using a news reader in
> Windows.)

These problems seem to be now resolved as well.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 May 2016 13:24:54
Message: <57433ce6$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/05/2016 05:17 PM, Warp wrote:
> As you might have noticed from povray.org front page, there was some
> kind of strange connection problem between the biggest ISP in Finland
> and Sweden, and the povray.org servers. This lasted for months. During
> this, I had no way of contacting povray.org from my computer (or even
> my cellphone.)
>
> Then one day the problem suddenly resolved itself, for unknown reasons.

Hmm, that's odd. Oh well, welcome back! I definitely noticed you hadn't
been around for a while...

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 23 May 2016 17:20:02
Message: <web.574373add8ad7c88422d35bb0@news.povray.org>
good to know, pal

Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Coincidentally, I have been having some problems with Linux

good thing that you might have the creator in your neighborhood, no? :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 May 2016 20:39:36
Message: <5743a2c8$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 May 2016 17:18:37 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> good to know, pal
>
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Coincidentally, I have been having some problems with Linux
>
> good thing that you might have the creator in your neighborhood, no? :)

Linus has long since left that part of the world, I understand he now
lives in Oregon. :)

Jim

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 24 Oct 2016 19:40:00
Message: <web.580e9b70d8ad7c883750ad290@news.povray.org>
> Linus has long since left that part of the world, I understand he now
> lives in Oregon. :)

And then Micro$oft plunders Nokia.  Oh, the indignity.  At least they still have
Warp.