POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:08:55 EDT (-0400)
  Quantum Pov, soon? (Message 11 to 20 of 130)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
Date: 6 May 2016 20:04:37
Message: <572d3115$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/05/16 00:02, Stephen wrote:
> Only the words of one syllable. Polysyllabics went out with the 90s.
>
> BTW My brain is still away with the fairies.

"My brain is still away with the whisky"

FTFY

John (raises a glass)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 6 May 2016 20:13:03
Message: <572d330f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/6/2016 3:48 AM, scott wrote:

> One thing is absolutely certain though, I'm not about to write a
> raytracer to run on this thing anytime soon :-)

Since the current computer has a whopping 5 qbits, you have plenty of
time to learn.  IIRC the current state of the art in quantum computation
is the ability to write a program which proves with high probability
that 15=5*3, so 3D rendering is a ways off yet.

Post a reply to this message