POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? : Re: Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:03:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 May 2016 02:00:43
Message: <572d848b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 07/05/2016 02:13, Kevin Wampler a écrit :
> On 5/6/2016 3:48 AM, scott wrote:
>>
>> One thing is absolutely certain though, I'm not about to write a
>> raytracer to run on this thing anytime soon :-)
>>

> Since the current computer has a whopping 5 qbits, you have plenty of time to learn.
 IIRC the current state of the art in quantum computation is the ability to write a
program which proves with high probability that 15=5*3, so 3D rendering is a ways off
yet.

One day there might be the Zx81 of qbits: 1K of qbits, for hobbyists.

In the meantime, gigabytes of traditional RAM in our computers.