POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open souce/syrup Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Open souce/syrup (Message 1 to 10 of 50)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Open souce/syrup
Date: 20 Feb 2016 23:51:58
Message: <56c9426e$1@news.povray.org>
How to make your own cola:
http://www.colawp.com/colas/400/cola467_recipe.html

Interesting ingredients...

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Open souce/syrup
Date: 21 Feb 2016 04:34:40
Message: <56c984b0$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/2016 04:51 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> How to make your own cola:
> http://www.colawp.com/colas/400/cola467_recipe.html
>
> Interesting ingredients...

Orange, lemon, lime, lavender, cinnamon, coriander and nutmeg? Yeah,
that's a pretty random combination. I was expecting to see vanilla, but
I guess cinnamon and nutmeg is similar.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 21 Feb 2016 05:56:55
Message: <56c997f7@news.povray.org>
On 2016/02/21 11:34 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 21/02/2016 04:51 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> How to make your own cola:
>> http://www.colawp.com/colas/400/cola467_recipe.html
>>
>> Interesting ingredients...
>
> Orange, lemon, lime, lavender, cinnamon, coriander and nutmeg? Yeah,
> that's a pretty random combination. I was expecting to see vanilla, but
> I guess cinnamon and nutmeg is similar.

And then phosphoric acid.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Feb 2016 06:39:51
Message: <56c9a207$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2016 10:56 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On 2016/02/21 11:34 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> On 21/02/2016 04:51 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>>> How to make your own cola:
>>> http://www.colawp.com/colas/400/cola467_recipe.html
>>>
>>> Interesting ingredients...
>>
>> Orange, lemon, lime, lavender, cinnamon, coriander and nutmeg? Yeah,
>> that's a pretty random combination. I was expecting to see vanilla, but
>> I guess cinnamon and nutmeg is similar.
>
> And then phosphoric acid.

Yes, that's right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid#Food_additive

Would you believe the things that are put into food and we put into our
mouths?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 2/21/2016 10:56 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> And then phosphoric acid.
>
> Yes, that's right.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid#Food_additive
>
> Would you believe the things that are put into food and we put into our
> mouths?

What's so bad about phosphoric acid?

Nobody's worried about citric acid, and I personally pour acetic acid
all over my chips...

Post a reply to this message

On 2/21/2016 1:31 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 21/02/2016 11:39 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 2/21/2016 10:56 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>>> And then phosphoric acid.
>>
>> Yes, that's right.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid#Food_additive
>>
>> Would you believe the things that are put into food and we put into our
>> mouths?
>
> What's so bad about phosphoric acid?

Not much as far as I can see.
It does associate with phosgene and an acid to boot. :)

> Nobody's worried about citric acid, and I personally pour acetic acid
> all over my chips...

Sprinkling on chemical names is like sprinkling on de-appetiser.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Am 21.02.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> What's so bad about phosphoric acid?
>
> Nobody's worried about citric acid, and I personally pour acetic acid
> all over my chips...

Other people like to have ethanol in their beverages.

I personally don't. A bit of 3,7-dimethylxanthine is ok though -- after
all I'm neither a cat nor a dog.

Post a reply to this message