POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open souce/syrup : Re: Open souce/syrup Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:34:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open souce/syrup
From: scott
Date: 22 Feb 2016 06:21:28
Message: <56caef38$1@news.povray.org>
>> That's what I was thinking. Yet there is phosphoric acid in most of the
>> food we eat every day.
>> Meanwhile the caffeine is the actual danger:
>> "Caffeine: It's best not to store caffeine in any amount. Caffeine can
>> kill people in relatively small doses. The median lethal dose for an
>> adult human is around 10 grams, or approximately one third of an ounce. "
>
> You are talking about caffeine supplements, surely?
> Caffeine in tea and coffee is measured in milligrams. You would need up
> to a hundred cups to have a 50% chance of dying.

If you're making your own cola, it's quite feasible that you have "lying
around" enough caffeine for at least a 50% chance of dying. A good idea
to have a rough idea how lethal it is, so you can take precautions (eg
not store it in a jar next to the sugar and salt...).

We use butanone a lot at work, and everybody treats it like if you get
one drop in your mouth you will die instantly. I looked it up, the L50
amount is something like 500 ml. That surprised a lot of people.