POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:35:51 EDT (-0400)
  Desk Management (Message 19 to 28 of 48)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Desk Management
Date: 31 Jan 2016 09:17:54
Message: <56ae1792$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2016-01-31 07:15, clipka a écrit :

> - I don't have any alcohol at home - not even a beer ;)

And you call yourself a German?

(And before you ask, yes, my igloo is filled with maple syrup)

From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2016 09:29:09
Message: <56ae1a35$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/31/2016 2:18 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
> And before you ask, yes, my igloo is filled with maple syrup

Is it part of the Canadian maple syrup reserve that was stolen? ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 31 Jan 2016 11:16:42
Message: <56ae336a$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> - The G19's printed circuits sheet isn't a single sheet, but again a
> sandwich of three sheets: A single-sided upper contact layer, a spacer,
> and another apparently double-sided layer. These layers are heat-welded
> together at strategic points, making it difficult to get a good glimpse
> of the contacts from an angle, let alone access them specifically.

Ah.  I recall the three plastic sheets in the MS keyboard as being
separate, but I don't recall if they were that way originally or if they
required encouragement.

> - I don't have any alcohol at home - not even a beer ;)

My husband was an insulin-dependent diabetic, so consequently we kept a
supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and finger-sticks.
  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning contacts,
displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to hose down
with the Scrubbing Bubbles.

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+

Post a reply to this message

On 1/31/2016 4:17 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> we kept a supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and
> finger-sticks.  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning
> contacts, displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to
> hose down with the Scrubbing Bubbles.

I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

Is *that* why it's called "Greenking IPA"?

Post a reply to this message

On 1/31/2016 4:25 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 31/01/2016 04:23 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
>> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)
>
> Is *that* why it's called "Greenking IPA"?

Naw, there is only one real IPA and it is called McEwan's. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 1/31/2016 4:17 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> we kept a supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and
>> finger-sticks.  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning
>> contacts, displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to
>> hose down with the Scrubbing Bubbles.
>
> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

A sad waste of vodka (although personally I'd prefer rum to not
waste--preferably in conjunction with fruit juice and neon-colored
liqueurs, with a little paper umbrella on top to keep the rain out.
Although Kool-Aid also works.)  :)

--Sherry Shaw

On 2/1/2016 5:01 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> A sad waste of vodka (although personally I'd prefer rum to not
> waste--preferably in conjunction with fruit juice and neon-colored
> liqueurs, with a little paper umbrella on top to keep the rain out.
> Although Kool-Aid also works.) :)

A waste indeed hence the IPA.
It would have been my wife’s vodka. I drink whisky which leaves a stain
when it dries. Now, your witches brew could be used as a nutrient. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 1/31/2016 2:18 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>> And before you ask, yes, my igloo is filled with maple syrup
>
> Is it part of the Canadian maple syrup reserve that was stolen? ;-)

I refuse to answer that question without my lawyer present.

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Feb 2016 14:42:04
Message: <56afb50c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/1/2016 7:14 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
> Le 2016-01-31 09:29, Stephen a écrit :
>> On 1/31/2016 2:18 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>> And before you ask, yes, my igloo is filled with maple syrup
>>
>> Is it part of the Canadian maple syrup reserve that was stolen? ;-)
>>

> I refuse to answer that question without my lawyer present.

An acceptable answer. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen