POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Today's WTF (Message 66 to 75 of 75)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Today's WTF
Date: 30 Oct 2015 01:28:56
Message: <56330018$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/30/2015 12:05 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Always glad to be of service.:)

:-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 30 Oct 2015 04:48:02
Message: <56332ec2$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah, I haven't done a lot with x86 assembly, but with 40 years of
> backwards-compatibility, it's pretty complicated. And ugly to start
> with, it seems! (Well, it was originally designed for low-cost pocket
> calculators, not supercomputers!)

You could probably explain the vast majority of ARM assembler in a
single newsgroup post. The syntax is very simple, and the mnemonics are
mostly obvious or very easy to remember. You're free to use any register
for source or either of the destinations, and all registers are the same
bit-width.

>> However you
>> need a massive chunk of experience and knowledge to even *install* the
>> Android SDK, let alone start writing a new app.
>
> Also agree!

Someone needs to write a wrapper to go on top of the Android SDK that is
a) easy to install and b) uses an easy language that allows you to just
start writing commands to draw stuff without tons of boiler-plate code.

Post a reply to this message