POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:57:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 19 Nov 2015 13:30:08
Message: <op.x8c1n7b7ufxv4h@xena>
•On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 00:43:59 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnu
ll> wrote:

> On 26/10/2015 09:06 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> Only 2 colours per 8x8 pixels was the main drawback of the display.
>
> Oh yeah... I forgot about that! One time I wrote a program to draw

> randomly positioned circles in random colours. After a few minutes of

> drawing, most of the pixels were in the "on" state, but there were wei
rd

,

> I was bored as a child!
>
> I've always wanted to know... why is the framebuffer arranged so

> weirdly? Like, as you load a picture file, rather than filling from to

> to bottom, it seems to fill every Nth line...

I remember

•Upgrading my 16K to a 48K
•Doing string-art type designs just to see the interesting desig
ns that

aliasing resulted in.
•Designing my own fonts.
•Printing a school project on thermal paper. Bad idea.
•Making a 3d wireframe modeler that could only take 100 edges. T
he

wireframe "render" could then further be coloured and textured with my

custom paint program. Since I didn't have a joystick, I controlled the

brush with 2 different systems: Angular (L & R arrows altered the angle
of

movement) an Normal.
•Dumping my Speccy in the bin because it died and you couldn't g
et parts

anymore.

Now if I could just find the time to learn proper programming and contin
ue

the 3d project on my pc.

--

-Nekar Xenos-