POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If programming languages were organs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  If programming languages were organs (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: scott
Subject: Re: If programming languages were organs
Date: 18 Sep 2015 05:26:04
Message: <55fbd8ac$1@news.povray.org>
> C#: a Wersi OAS model, essentially a PC running Windows XP with some
> organ built around it. Pretends to be a Hammond B-3 but never will be -
> and preferably crashes in the midst of a recital!

C# crash? I think your C or C++ one would be far more likely to crash,
unless in the hands of an experienced professional.

When I read the subject I was expecting things like brain, eyes etc, not
pianos!

Post a reply to this message

>> C#: a Wersi OAS model, essentially a PC running Windows XP with some
>> organ built around it. Pretends to be a Hammond B-3 but never will be -
>> and preferably crashes in the midst of a recital!
>
> C# crash? I think your C or C++ one would be far more likely to crash,
> unless in the hands of an experienced professional.
>
> When I read the subject I was expecting things like brain, eyes etc, not
> pianos!

Originally, I typed "were electronic organs" - but a Hammond B-3 (like
any tonewheel Hammond) is not truly electronic (rather
electro-magnetic), much less a Mighty Wurlitzer, which is a traditional
pipe organ!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message