POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If programming languages were organs : Re: If programming languages were organs Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:37:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If programming languages were organs
From: clipka
Date: 28 Sep 2015 14:47:38
Message: <56098b4a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.09.2015 um 21:47 schrieb Cousin Ricky:

> "If engineers designed buildings the way computer programmers write software,
> the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization." --adage

Nah, not really. The first building succumbing to a woodpecker would
prompt new building designs to use solid cast iron rather than wood.

Which would create new problems, like buildings sinking into the ground
and stuff, or multi-storey buildings collapsing under their own weight,
but the woodpecker issue would be solved...

Actually, if architects designed buildings the way computer programmers
write software, buildings would be subject to destruction from /termite
infestation/, or being blown away by a hurricane...

... oh, wait...!

/Now/ I understand what Americans mean when they say that a house was
"built to code"...!