POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Semantics? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:42:58 EDT (-0400)
  Semantics? (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Semantics?
Date: 5 Sep 2015 12:53:26
Message: <55eb1e06$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/1/2015 8:06 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> If my bottle of wine is considered 100% full, what would be 200%? Two
> bottles of wine? :-)

One full bottle and a lot of spillage. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Sep 2015 12:55:22
Message: <55eb1e7a$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/2/2015 11:35 AM, scott wrote:
>> The case of Ger's which triggered my thread is pretty obvious and
>> acceptable in the context. However, the misuse nowadays in all kinds of
>> situations seems to be growing and can be pretty annoying sometimes.
>
> Yes, whenever an athlete/sportsperson says they "gave it 110%" they
> should be immediately investigated for doping :-)

I think that the media percentage is different from normal percentage.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Sep 2015 02:56:51
Message: <55ebe3b3$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-9-2015 18:53, Stephen wrote:
>> If my bottle of wine is considered 100% full, what would be 200%? Two
>> bottles of wine? :-)
>
> One full bottle and a lot of spillage. ;-)

That was my conclusion too...

[finishes mopping up the mess left on the table]

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message