POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fractal screen Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Fractal screen (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Fractal screen
Date: 7 Aug 2015 13:05:00
Message: <55c4e53c$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so some people around here work with LCDs...

We've got a laptop at work with a cracked screen. Around where the crack
is, the pixels are all black. Which isn't surprising. Slightly more
interesting is the red vertical lines that seem to extend vertically
outwards from the cracks. Why red? Why every other pixel? Why vertical?
I have no idea.

What's weirder still is that close to the cracks, the dead pixels
exhibit a curiously fractal pattern. It looks like some kind of weird
pixellated plant growth or something. Does anybody have any idea why?

(I've got photographs, but I'd have to find something that has Bluetooth
in order to get them off my phone...)

Post a reply to this message