POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's about time Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:44:39 EDT (-0400)
  It's about time (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: It's about time
Date: 14 Jul 2015 18:35:39
Message: <55a58ebb$1@news.povray.org>
I've been staying away from flash for quite sometime now ... so it's
about time

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33520935

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Re: It's about time
Date: 14 Jul 2015 18:55:00
Message: <web.55a592835fa0d3e7bd92286f0@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> I've been staying away from flash for quite sometime now ... so it's
> about time
>
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33520935

Personally, I find this annoying as hell.  I use youtube.  I visit sites that
have embedded video.  Very few of them use HTML5, and as yet, nobody has come up
with an alternative that works.

And considering that my windows machine is out of service until I can get a new
keyboard, Linux is all I have.  I have plugins for firefox that disable flash
content anyway; I don't need firefox making decisions for me.

It's almost as annoying as trying to convince M$ that I own my computer, not
them, and I - and only I - will decide when things are installed/updated.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message