POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's about time : Re: It's about time Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:57:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's about time
From: James Holsenback
Date: 14 Jul 2015 19:03:43
Message: <55a5954f$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/14/2015 06:51 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> I've been staying away from flash for quite sometime now ... so it's
>> about time
>>
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33520935
>
> Personally, I find this annoying as hell.  I use youtube.  I visit sites that
> have embedded video.  Very few of them use HTML5, and as yet, nobody has come up
> with an alternative that works.

there's a couple of flash to html5 plugins for firefox and that work
fine (I visit youtube often and they work well) ... true enough though
that there are plenty of sites that haven't seen the light. now perhaps
mozilla's strong arming will prompt a move away from perhaps the most
insecure piece of software on the planet. my comments to bbc's new look
a few months ago included a rant about flash content ... javascript is a
close second.