POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:42:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP by UberPOV (Message 28 to 37 of 37)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: RSoCP by UberPOV
Date: 4 Jul 2015 17:36:45
Message: <559851ed$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 17:24:15 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 7/4/2015 4:41 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Oh, yes, I understand that numerically it doesn't make sense.  But from
>> a meaning standpoint, it makes perfect sense.  AM/PM have to do with
>> midnight/noon, nothing to do with the numbers.
>
> You are as well telling them that the Inch is better than a hundredth
> part of a yardstick. ;-)
>
> Will they ever listen?
> No! nay! never, no more.

LOL - I actually tend to use a 24-hour clock myself.

Jim

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Jul 2015 12:46:55
Message: <55995f7f$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/4/2015 10:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 17:24:15 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 7/4/2015 4:41 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Oh, yes, I understand that numerically it doesn't make sense.  But from
>>> a meaning standpoint, it makes perfect sense.  AM/PM have to do with
>>> midnight/noon, nothing to do with the numbers.
>>
>> You are as well telling them that the Inch is better than a hundredth
>> part of a yardstick. ;-)
>>
>> Will they ever listen?
>> No! nay! never, no more.
>
> LOL - I actually tend to use a 24-hour clock myself.

Oh! no. I'm an analogue man, myself.
More natural, less strident on the mind to world, interface.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jul 2015 16:36:22
Message: <55999546$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:46:54 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 7/4/2015 10:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> You are as well telling them that the Inch is better than a hundredth
>>> part of a yardstick. ;-)
>>>
>>> Will they ever listen?
>>> No! nay! never, no more.
>>
>> LOL - I actually tend to use a 24-hour clock myself.
>>

> Oh! no. I'm an analogue man, myself.
> More natural, less strident on the mind to world, interface.

They make analogue clocks that are 24-hour clocks instead of 12. ;)

Jim

On 7/5/2015 9:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:46:54 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> LOL - I actually tend to use a 24-hour clock myself.
>>>

>> Oh! no. I'm an analogue man, myself.
>> More natural, less strident on the mind to world, interface.
>
> They make analogue clocks that are 24-hour clocks instead of 12. ;)

They make wind up clocks that sing, dance and can whistle Yankee Doodle
Dandy. But some say that is cheating.
I have a wrist sundial that I made 25 years ago. (In my survivalist kit.
;-) )

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 21:48:29 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> They make wind up clocks that sing, dance and can whistle Yankee Doodle
> Dandy. But some say that is cheating.

I don't have one of those clocks. ;)

> I have a wrist sundial that I made 25 years ago. (In my survivalist kit.
> ;-) )

Just in case an EMP goes off? ;)

Jim