POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I sounded off in p.b.i Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Why I sounded off in p.b.i (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Why I sounded off in p.b.i
Date: 28 Mar 2015 18:09:08
Message: <55172684$1@news.povray.org>
My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
However, I have a defence:

1. He has never posted an original rendering.

2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.

3. He has asked in the past for help to simulate ships (ocean-going - a
reasonably simple task) and now demonstrates an ability to use complex
modelling techniques to model a putative alien vessel.

4. There are others but PM me if you want explanation

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
> However, I have a defence:
>
> 1. He has never posted an original rendering.
>
> 2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.
>
> 3. He has asked in the past for help to simulate ships (ocean-going - a
> reasonably simple task) and now demonstrates an ability to use complex
> modelling techniques to model a putative alien vessel.
>
> 4. There are others but PM me if you want explanation
>
> John

Fair enough. It has often irritated me too in the past.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Mar 2015 03:56:08
Message: <5517b018$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/03/2015 08:26, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 28-3-2015 23:09, Doctor John wrote:
>> My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
>> However, I have a defence:
>>
>> 1. He has never posted an original rendering.
>>
>> 2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.
>>
>> 3. He has asked in the past for help to simulate ships (ocean-going - a
>> reasonably simple task) and now demonstrates an ability to use complex
>> modelling techniques to model a putative alien vessel.
>>
>> 4. There are others but PM me if you want explanation
>>
>> John
>>
> Fair enough. It has often irritated me too in the past.

A waste of time and effort.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 29 Mar 2015 10:27:57
Message: <55180bed@news.povray.org>
Am 29.03.2015 um 09:26 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 28-3-2015 23:09, Doctor John wrote:
>> My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
>> However, I have a defence:
>>
>> 1. He has never posted an original rendering.

Incorrect.

Examples:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4460c5e6@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C447b250a@news.povray.org%3E/

>> 2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.
>>
>> 3. He has asked in the past for help to simulate ships (ocean-going - a
>> reasonably simple task) and now demonstrates an ability to use complex
>> modelling techniques to model a putative alien vessel.

While I cannot refute these two, Sven has contributed to the POV-Ray
community in other ways, such as tools, bug reports, feedback to posted
images, and wild ideas.

Examples:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.5236c67a5033432fd25d21bf0@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test.binaries/thread/%3C4479f094@news.povray.org%3E/

>> 4. There are others but PM me if you want explanation
>>
>> John
>>
> Fair enough. It has often irritated me too in the past.

Not fair at all. If Doc has any problems with Sven, PM should have been
the way to choose in the first place.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Mar 2015 10:31:56
Message: <55180cdc@news.povray.org>
On 29-3-2015 16:27, clipka wrote:
> Am 29.03.2015 um 09:26 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 28-3-2015 23:09, Doctor John wrote:
>>> My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
>>> However, I have a defence:
>>>
>>> 1. He has never posted an original rendering.
>
> Incorrect.
>
> Examples:
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4460c5e6@news.povray.org%3E/
>

> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C447b250a@news.povray.org%3E/
>

>>> 2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.
>>>
>>> 3. He has asked in the past for help to simulate ships (ocean-going - a
>>> reasonably simple task) and now demonstrates an ability to use complex
>>> modelling techniques to model a putative alien vessel.
>
> While I cannot refute these two, Sven has contributed to the POV-Ray
> community in other ways, such as tools, bug reports, feedback to posted
> images, and wild ideas.
>
> Examples:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.5236c67a5033432fd25d21bf0@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test.binaries/thread/%3C4479f094@news.povray.org%3E/

>>> 4. There are others but PM me if you want explanation
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>> Fair enough. It has often irritated me too in the past.
>
> Not fair at all. If Doc has any problems with Sven, PM should have been
> the way to choose in the first place.

Ok. You are right. I apologise.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Mar 2015 17:38:14
Message: <5519c246$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/28/2015 06:09 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> My reply to Sven L may be seen by many as somewhat over the top.
> However, I have a defence:
>
> 2. He invariably asks for help, but never posts code.

He posted code in p.a-u just the other day.