POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Enter the compiler Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Enter the compiler (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Enter the compiler
Date: 7 Mar 2015 03:16:02
Message: <54fab3c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-3-2015 9:30, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 4-3-2015 22:18, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Sometimes I honestly wonder if I should ever have been released into the
>> community. Did you know, the other day I accidentally inhaled my own
>> saliva instead of swallowing it? How can anybody be this retarded??
>
> Oh well, been there, done that... :-)
>
> At some point, we have all been loose at large far too long for our own
> or for other's good. ;-)

Incidentally, did you know that this happened to you as a direct cause
from human evolution? It is one of the less pleasant side effects of
going from a four legs locomotion to an upright two legs walk. This
resulted in a cross-over path for air and food in our throat.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 07/03/2015 08:15, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 5-3-2015 9:30, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 4-3-2015 22:18, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Sometimes I honestly wonder if I should ever have been released into the
>>> community. Did you know, the other day I accidentally inhaled my own
>>> saliva instead of swallowing it? How can anybody be this retarded??
>>
>> Oh well, been there, done that... :-)
>>
>> At some point, we have all been loose at large far too long for our own
>> or for other's good. ;-)
>
> Incidentally, did you know that this happened to you as a direct cause
> from human evolution? It is one of the less pleasant side effects of
> going from a four legs locomotion to an upright two legs walk. This
> resulted in a cross-over path for air and food in our throat.

Sinuses, the one that causes people trouble, (The maxillary sinus, I
think) has its drainage channels in the wrong place for an upright
posture. They are more suited to a four legged one. Or so I was told.
So if you ever want to use a steam inhaler. It is better to lie face
down on a bed with your head over the edge to get the best position.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 07/03/2015 08:15, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh well, been there, done that... :-)
>>>
>>> At some point, we have all been loose at large far too long for our own
>>> or for other's good. ;-)
>>
>> Incidentally, did you know that this happened to you as a direct cause
>> from human evolution? It is one of the less pleasant side effects of
>> going from a four legs locomotion to an upright two legs walk. This
>> resulted in a cross-over path for air and food in our throat.
>>

> Sinuses, the one that causes people trouble, (The maxillary sinus, I
> think) has its drainage channels in the wrong place for an upright
> posture. They are more suited to a four legged one. Or so I was told.
> So if you ever want to use a steam inhaler. It is better to lie face
> down on a bed with your head over the edge to get the best position.

I didn't know that one. There is also all that trouble in the back and
feet...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 07/03/2015 12:14, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Sinuses, the one that causes people trouble, (The maxillary sinus, I
>> think) has its drainage channels in the wrong place for an upright
>> posture. They are more suited to a four legged one. Or so I was told.
>> So if you ever want to use a steam inhaler. It is better to lie face
>> down on a bed with your head over the edge to get the best position.
>>

> I didn't know that one. There is also all that trouble in the back and
> feet...

I don't know how true it is. I was told it by someone who had a lot of
trouble with them and had a lot of the cartilage removed from his nose.
But everyone I've told says it is a more effective way of steaming your
head. A downside is that you must have trust in your household that they
won't give you a skelp. :-)

Don't talk to me about feet. I am a martyr to my feet. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 07/03/2015 12:14, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> Sinuses, the one that causes people trouble, (The maxillary sinus, I
>>> think) has its drainage channels in the wrong place for an upright
>>> posture. They are more suited to a four legged one. Or so I was told.
>>> So if you ever want to use a steam inhaler. It is better to lie face
>>> down on a bed with your head over the edge to get the best position.
>>>

>> I didn't know that one. There is also all that trouble in the back and
>> feet...
>
> I don't know how true it is. I was told it by someone who had a lot of
> trouble with them and had a lot of the cartilage removed from his nose.
> But everyone I've told says it is a more effective way of steaming your
> head. A downside is that you must have trust in your household that they
> won't give you a skelp. :-)

LOL. Better be careful indeed and lock the door. As far as evolution is
concerned, we still are in the process of change I am told: number and
size of teeth; shape of the lower jaw; just to mention a few things that
are changing very rapidly, in terms of centuries if not decades.

> Don't talk to me about feet. I am a martyr to my feet. ;-)

Yeah, I know what you mean... ;-)
--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 07/03/2015 12:52, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> LOL. Better be careful indeed and lock the door. As far as evolution is
> concerned, we still are in the process of change I am told: number and
> size of teeth; shape of the lower jaw; just to mention a few things that
> are changing very rapidly, in terms of centuries if not decades.

Add medicines to that and you'll get a strange mix.

It ain't natural. I tell you. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 07/03/2015 12:52, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> LOL. Better be careful indeed and lock the door. As far as evolution is
>> concerned, we still are in the process of change I am told: number and
>> size of teeth; shape of the lower jaw; just to mention a few things that
>> are changing very rapidly, in terms of centuries if not decades.
>
> Add medicines to that and you'll get a strange mix.
>
> It ain't natural. I tell you. :-)

How true Dr Frankenstein. All those tales about vampires... :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 7 Mar 2015 10:35:23
Message: <54fb1abb$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/03/2015 14:58, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 7-3-2015 15:30, Stephen wrote:
>> On 07/03/2015 12:52, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> LOL. Better be careful indeed and lock the door. As far as evolution is
>>> concerned, we still are in the process of change I am told: number and
>>> size of teeth; shape of the lower jaw; just to mention a few things that
>>> are changing very rapidly, in terms of centuries if not decades.
>>
>> Add medicines to that and you'll get a strange mix.
>>
>> It ain't natural. I tell you. :-)
>>
> How true Dr Frankenstein. All those tales about vampires... :-)

Not me. I was nowhere near the place, then. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Mar 2015 04:28:35
Message: <54fc0833$1@news.povray.org>
On 7-3-2015 16:35, Stephen wrote:
> On 07/03/2015 14:58, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> Add medicines to that and you'll get a strange mix.
>>>
>>> It ain't natural. I tell you. :-)
>>>
>> How true Dr Frankenstein. All those tales about vampires... :-)
>>

> Not me. I was nowhere near the place, then. ;-)

What? Where were you on the 6th of July 1816? At midnight? ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2015 05:43:20
Message: <54fc19b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2015 08:28, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> How true Dr Frankenstein. All those tales about vampires... :-)
>>>

>> Not me. I was nowhere near the place, then. ;-)
>>
> What? Where were you on the 6th of July 1816? At midnight? ;-)

I have an alibi.
I was nursing Dr John back to health after the Battle of Seven Oaks. He
stepped in front of a musket ball aimed at me. Governor Semple was a fool.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>