POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When will we learn Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:36:19 EDT (-0400)
  When will we learn (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Doctor John
Subject: When will we learn
Date: 20 Feb 2015 19:54:39
Message: <54e7d74f$1@news.povray.org>
This is not a political rant. As a father, and an ex-pilot, I want to
know the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh41Wxez9PE

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: When will we learn
Date: 20 Feb 2015 22:54:56
Message: <54e80190$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/20/2015 07:54 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> This is not a political rant. As a father, and an ex-pilot, I want to
> know the answer
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh41Wxez9PE

Powerful ... unfortunately I'm not sure we'll ever learn. We crazy
humans have been hurting and killing each other quite awhile now and it
seems to be getting worse. As a young man I witnessed things that I
still have bad dreams about and as an old man I mostly try not to pay
attention to the state of things today because it brings a tear to my eyes.

Post a reply to this message

On 21/02/15 03:54, James Holsenback wrote:
> Powerful ... unfortunately I'm not sure we'll ever learn. We crazy
> humans have been hurting and killing each other quite awhile now and it
> seems to be getting worse. As a young man I witnessed things that I
> still have bad dreams about and as an old man I mostly try not to pay
> attention to the state of things today because it brings a tear to my eyes.

I assume you refer to the unpleasantness in Indo-China. My personal
experience was in Angola - and no, I still refuse to talk about it.

John

Le 21/02/2015 12:38, Doctor John a écrit :
> On 21/02/15 03:54, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Powerful ... unfortunately I'm not sure we'll ever learn. We crazy
>> humans have been hurting and killing each other quite awhile now and it
>> seems to be getting worse. As a young man I witnessed things that I
>> still have bad dreams about and as an old man I mostly try not to pay
>> attention to the state of things today because it brings a tear to my eyes.
>>

> I assume you refer to the unpleasantness in Indo-China. My personal
> experience was in Angola - and no, I still refuse to talk about it.

That's how I interpret/react to a call to "Be human" by plaintiffs: No,
you do want to actually see more humanity. I prefer to be childish, or
animal.

Post a reply to this message

On 21/02/15 15:38, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 02/21/2015 06:38 AM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 21/02/15 03:54, James Holsenback wrote:
>> I still refuse to talk about it.

Precisely

On 02/21/2015 05:08 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 21/02/15 15:38, James Holsenback wrote:
>> On 02/21/2015 06:38 AM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> On 21/02/15 03:54, James Holsenback wrote:
>>> I still refuse to talk about it.
>>

> Precisely

Thanks for understanding. BTW: I had no idea you were a brother from
another mother.

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 21 Feb 2015 18:56:52
Message: <54e91b44$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/15 22:35, James Holsenback wrote:
> Thanks for understanding. BTW: I had no idea you were a brother from
> another mother.

... as I said

John

BTW I would like to meet you. Next time I'm in the States maybe?

From: James Holsenback
Date: 21 Feb 2015 22:43:24
Message: <54e9505c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/21/2015 06:56 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 21/02/15 22:35, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Thanks for understanding. BTW: I had no idea you were a brother from
>> another mother.
>
> ... as I said
>
> John
>
> BTW I would like to meet you. Next time I'm in the States maybe?

yeah i'd probably enjoy tipping a few with ya

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 21 Feb 2015 23:35:36
Message: <54e95c98$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/02/15 11:44, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> That's how I interpret/react to a call to "Be human" by plaintiffs: No,
> you do want to actually see more humanity. I prefer to be childish, or
> animal.

I'm not ignoring your reply, I just need time to think about it

John