POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I wonder who I'm talking about ... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  I wonder who I'm talking about ... (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Doctor John
Subject: I wonder who I'm talking about ...
Date: 17 Feb 2015 00:55:53
Message: <54e2d7e9$1@news.povray.org>
"But its British subsidiary, at first glance, appears to be doing less
well. Last week, it announced its first ever profits in Britain—of just
£1m ($1.54m)—in spite of having first set up in the country in 1998 and
now having 791 outlets. Analysts say that seems odd in a country that
has been crazy about caffeinated beverages since the 17th century and
now spends £1.45 billion in coffee shops each year, according to Mintel,
a market-research firm.

The main reason why S*******s has run persistent losses is not due to a
lack of interest in its coffee, but to minimise its tax bill. In fact,
S*******s’ operating profits are only slightly less in Britain than
America. In 2012, it made £70m on £414m of sales of frappuccinos,
espresso coffees and the like. However, it also made administrative
losses and royalty payments totalling £98m, enabling the division to
declare a £30m loss. It is via these payments that the firm has been
able to transfer its British profits to its Dutch subsidiary, which is
charged lower rates of tax."

No comment
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

It could be any one of our favourite international companies.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message