POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Political Discussions in this Newsgroup Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Political Discussions in this Newsgroup (Message 28 to 37 of 47)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Political Discussions in this Newsgroup
Date: 29 Sep 2014 08:21:44
Message: <54294ed8$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-9-2014 12:49, Stephen wrote:
> On 29/09/2014 11:45, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 29/09/14 11:20, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh! YES they do.
>>>

>> .... and this coming from a self-proclaimed expert in opera. AS ENNY FULE
>> KNO etc etc
>>

> I cannot remember the last time the ROH put on a panto. :-P
>
> I am no expert. I just find it a comfortable place to sleep.

When the lights are out and the audience gone?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 29 Sep 2014 11:31:43
Message: <54297b5f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.09.2014 12:06, schrieb scott:

>>> YOUR A IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>

>> YOU'RE
>> AN
>
> SHUT UP!!!!! YOU HAVE TO CORRECT MY SPELLING BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM
> RIGHT!!!!!!!

Stupid retard children - grow up, and for fuck's sake RIP OUT THAT CAPS
LOCK KEY!

Or, better yet, STFU!

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Sep 2014 11:52:07
Message: <54298027$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/14 16:31, clipka wrote:

> Stupid retard children - grow up, and for fuck's sake RIP OUT THAT CAPS
> LOCK KEY!
>
> Or, better yet, STFU!

[Whole group now rounds on clipka, criticising everything from his
hairstyle to his taste in music]

--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Sep 2014 13:27:02
Message: <54299666$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2014 16:52, Doctor John wrote:
> On 29/09/14 16:31, clipka wrote:
>>
>> Stupid retard children - grow up, and for fuck's sake RIP OUT THAT CAPS
>> LOCK KEY!
>>
>> Or, better yet, STFU!
>>

> [Whole group now rounds on clipka, criticising everything from his
> hairstyle to his taste in music]

Who rattled your cage, today?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Sep 2014 13:58:06
Message: <54299dae$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2014 19:27, Stephen wrote:
> On 29/09/2014 16:52, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 29/09/14 16:31, clipka wrote:
>>>
>>> Stupid retard children - grow up, and for fuck's sake RIP OUT THAT CAPS
>>> LOCK KEY!
>>>
>>> Or, better yet, STFU!
>>>

>> [Whole group now rounds on clipka, criticising everything from his
>> hairstyle to his taste in music]
>>

> Who rattled your cage, today?

It's Hug-time. come all and hug together.

Repeat, and again.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Sep 2014 14:08:02
Message: <5429a002@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/14 18:58, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> It's Hug-time. come all and hug together.
>
> Repeat, and again.

Aiee! Infinite loop

John

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Sep 2014 14:38:48
Message: <5429a738$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2014 18:58, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> It's Hug-time. come all and hug together.

Hug his throat, maybe. ;-)

Oh! Dear. I have done it again. Threatened violence.
Bad boy. Off to bed with no super. :-(

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Sep 2014 14:43:38
Message: <5429a85a$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/14 19:38, Stephen wrote:
> Oh! Dear. I have done it again. Threatened violence.
> Bad boy. Off to bed with no super. :-(

... and no supper either :-)
(sorry, couldn't resist it)

John

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Sep 2014 20:16:39
Message: <5429f667@news.povray.org>
On 29/09/2014 19:43, Doctor John wrote:
> On 29/09/14 19:38, Stephen wrote:
>> Oh! Dear. I have done it again. Threatened violence.
>> Bad boy. Off to bed with no super. :-(
>>

> .... and no supper either :-)
> (sorry, couldn't resist it)
>
> John

No. No supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 30 Sep 2014 15:50:01
Message: <web.542b0841cb1290e14aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>

> I also think it quite healthy because it includes both reason /and/
> emotion, and my guess is that this is exactly what most of us like best
> about the atmosphere (do you say that in English?) of this newsgroup.

This newsgroup is typical in that disagreement is "allowed" as long as *certain*
assertions are not challenged.

In the US currently, we can calmly argue over /how/ to deal with Isis, but

nutcase.

Similarly, in p.o-t we can calmly argue over the specifics of king-for-a-day

the king-for-a-day premise itself is quickly, sharply admonished.