POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing flower Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  missing flower (Message 31 to 40 of 49)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: andrel
Subject: Re: missing flower
Date: 29 Sep 2014 05:40:16
Message: <542928F0.6010602@gmail.com>
On 29-9-2014 10:40, scott wrote:
>>> Staying awake isn't the problem - it's trying to fall asleep. Hell, I
>>> can't sleep NOW, and I haven't been anywhere yet!
>>>

>> Staying awake for 24 hours sometimes helps you get to sleep.
>
> When I used to go to Japan I found that sleeping for 2-3 hours late
> afternoon after travelling was the best way to avoid any jet lag. I
> would then get up around 6pm, go and have dinner, then go to bed and
> sleep pretty normally after that. But anyway, Andy is going on
> *holiday*, so who cares if you are a bit tired or can't sleep, it's not
> like you're going to be sat in a boring meeting or getting up at 7am !!!

I think you missed the point that the meetings are in fact the problem.
Not because they are boring, but because they are personal.
I think Andy would not have a problem sleeping through a meeting.
Shaking hands with the father in law of your sister is quite another
challenge. No amount of alcohol will ease that. On the contrary.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

> Shaking hands with the father in law of your sister is quite another
> challenge. No amount of alcohol will ease that. On the contrary.

Shaking hands with such a person would be more than enough to keep me
alert and awake, no matter how little sleep I'd had. In fact any form of
social interaction (plus beer) seems to keep me awake.

On the contrary watching slide after slide on some boring subject whilst
sat down in a warm room always has me struggling to keep my eyes open
and my mouth closed :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Shaking hands with the father in law of your sister is quite another
>> challenge. No amount of alcohol will ease that. On the contrary.
>
> Shaking hands with such a person would be more than enough to keep me
> alert and awake, no matter how little sleep I'd had. In fact any form of
> social interaction (plus beer) seems to keep me awake.

I have a switch in my head that when it is thrown I have about 15
minutes to get comfortable.

> On the contrary watching slide after slide on some boring subject whilst
> sat down in a warm room always has me struggling to keep my eyes open
> and my mouth closed :-)

Death by powerpoint. :-)

--

Regards