POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing flower : Re: missing flower Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: missing flower
From: andrel
Date: 29 Sep 2014 05:40:16
Message: <542928F0.6010602@gmail.com>
On 29-9-2014 10:40, scott wrote:
>>> Staying awake isn't the problem - it's trying to fall asleep. Hell, I
>>> can't sleep NOW, and I haven't been anywhere yet!
>>>

>> Staying awake for 24 hours sometimes helps you get to sleep.
>
> When I used to go to Japan I found that sleeping for 2-3 hours late
> afternoon after travelling was the best way to avoid any jet lag. I
> would then get up around 6pm, go and have dinner, then go to bed and
> sleep pretty normally after that. But anyway, Andy is going on
> *holiday*, so who cares if you are a bit tired or can't sleep, it's not
> like you're going to be sat in a boring meeting or getting up at 7am !!!

I think you missed the point that the meetings are in fact the problem.
Not because they are boring, but because they are personal.
I think Andy would not have a problem sleeping through a meeting.
Shaking hands with the father in law of your sister is quite another
challenge. No amount of alcohol will ease that. On the contrary.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.