POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Really? (Message 11 to 20 of 121)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Really?
Date: 2 Sep 2014 08:57:55
Message: <5405bed3$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/09/2014 14:43, Francois Labreque a écrit :

> In North America,

Hollywood even get its own dedicated area-code, unreachable: 555, to be
used in all movies and series.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 2 Sep 2014 09:34:17
Message: <5405c759$1@news.povray.org>
> You'd think that with everybody moving to VOIP, demand for actual
> telephone numbers would be *rapidly decreasing*...

I think people still want a real phone number for their desk, even if
internally it is handled over VOIP. Maybe it's also because there are
just more jobs where people have a phone on their desk (less
manufacturing, more service etc).

> Well, yeah... but so is IPv6, technically. ;-)

Not in practise though, unless you envisage the global population going
up by a factor of a billion, and each person having a billion devices
that each require a billion IP addresses :-)

> And to think, the dance school only just replaced their sign with one
> that says 01908 rather than 0908...

Where my mum lives about 20+ years ago you could just dial 9 instead of
0703 as a shortcut to the Southampton exchange. When you see *that* on a
sign you know it's old.

Post a reply to this message