POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? : Re: Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really?
From: scott
Date: 3 Sep 2014 06:38:30
Message: <5406efa6$1@news.povray.org>
>> Also it's stupid how most (all?) broadband providers force you to have a
>> phone as well - I suspect a lot of people would be happy to pay a bit
>> less and not have a landline at all.
>>

> You need the landline to get the internet service to your router. So you
> are paying line rental and get the phone service as a freebie.

There must be some costs that could be cut though if a significant
number of people didn't want the phone service on their line (I'm
thinking less equipment in the exchange etc). After all if you choose
just a phone line without internet it's cheaper than having both, but
there's no option for just internet without phone.