POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Chain Reaction Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Chain Reaction (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Chain Reaction
Date: 17 Aug 2014 07:41:54
Message: <53f09502$1@news.povray.org>
OK ... In a busy grocery store, oblivious person texting, causes someone
to swerve to avoid a collision. The hilarious part ... swerving shopper
tagged an entirely different person who was equally oblivious for the
same reason. Is it just around here, or are people just as tethered to
their devices elsewhere? Same day different store, I got a funny look
from someone standing in the same queue as me. I laughed at something
she had said to someone on the phone. Hey she was talking loud enough
for everyone (well at least me) to hear. Fair game right?

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 07:41:53 -0400, James Holsenback wrote:

> OK ... In a busy grocery store, oblivious person texting, causes someone
> to swerve to avoid a collision. The hilarious part ... swerving shopper
> tagged an entirely different person who was equally oblivious for the
> same reason. Is it just around here, or are people just as tethered to
> their devices elsewhere? Same day different store, I got a funny look
> from someone standing in the same queue as me. I laughed at something
> she had said to someone on the phone. Hey she was talking loud enough
> for everyone (well at least me) to hear. Fair game right?

It happens a lot here as well - and yeah, fair game.  People don't want
their conversations being overheard, they need to not have them in
public. :)

Jim