POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sailing! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Sailing! (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Sailing!
Date: 31 Jul 2014 10:50:22
Message: <53da57ae$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8ilsiloVE

Fascinating when a good wind blows like the last couple of days.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Sailing!
Date: 31 Jul 2014 17:05:15
Message: <53daaf8b$1@news.povray.org>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8ilsiloVE
>
> Fascinating when a good wind blows like the last couple of days.
>
> Thomas
Two questions:
1 - What are the big planks on the sides of the boats? Are they
daggerboards? and if so, why are they on the sides of the boat, rather
than on the center of the hull?

2 - Why is there a guy repeatedly sticking a pole in the water at the
1:44 mark (approx.)  Is he checking the water depth? Trying to paddle to
make his boat go faster?  Spear-fishing for dinner?

Ok. that was more than two questions.

Nice video.  Now I want ot go windsurfing again.  sniff.

Am 31.07.2014 23:05, schrieb Francois Labreque:

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8ilsiloVE
>>
>> Fascinating when a good wind blows like the last couple of days.
>>
>> Thomas
> Two questions:
> 1 - What are the big planks on the sides of the boats? Are they
> daggerboards? and if so, why are they on the sides of the boat, rather
> than on the center of the hull?

Why should they be on the center? They work just as fine at the sides.
With the added avantage of not having to cut a gaping hole right into
the bottom of the wooden hull :-P

Post a reply to this message