POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Stunned!!!! (Message 55 to 64 of 124)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Stunned!!!!
Date: 26 Jul 2014 07:14:13
Message: <53d38d85$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-7-2014 10:23, Stephen wrote:
> On 26/07/2014 09:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> A bit late for that. ;-)
>>>

>> You had your curry then?
>>

> There's nae time for that.
> The Laird wants us up at the Big Hoose.
> So put aside that pie-grater and come along.
>
> (Warp: Even if Thomas does not get the reference. Jim Henderson and Dr
> John, will.)

God it! ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 26 Jul 2014 08:28:15
Message: <53d39edf@news.povray.org>
On 26/07/14 09:23, Stephen wrote:

> There's nae time for that.
> The Laird wants us up at the Big Hoose.
> So put aside that pie-grater and come along.
>
> (Warp: Even if Thomas does not get the reference. Jim Henderson and Dr
> John, will.)

:-D

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Jul 2014 10:26:05
Message: <53d3ba7d$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-7-2014 10:23, Stephen wrote:
> There's nae time for that.
> The Laird wants us up at the Big Hoose.
> So put aside that pie-grater and come along.
>
> (Warp: Even if Thomas does not get the reference. Jim Henderson and Dr
> John, will.)

Not Robert Burns imho. I go for Walter Scott.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2014 10:56:47
Message: <53d3c1af$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/07/2014 15:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Not Robert Burns imho.

Correct.

> I go for Walter Scott.

Whatever. It is a free world. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Jul 2014 18:34:37
Message: <53d42cfd$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:01:57 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> Well, there are a lot of things that didn't become an issue for the
>> general public, partly because Romney wouldn't really talk about what
>> he believes or what his church practices.  I may not have liked him as
>> a candidate or as a person, but I can respect him for saying "that's
>> not what this election is about" and refusing to talk about his faith.
>> If he had been elected, I actually think he would have not had his
>> faith be front and center, because he didn't want it in the spotlight.
>> He considered it to be a very personal thing, and not relevant to his
>> policy choices.
>
> I really have to wonder if he did that honestly, or because he (or his
> advisors) thought that it would be better to not openly discuss his
> beliefs because it would drive voters away...

Oh, he probably was advised not to make it about his religion.

>> But there's still no way I would have voted for him.  But I do wish
>> more candidates would say "you know what?  My beliefs are not your
>> business, they're mine." - and then left it at that, and let their
>> actions rather than their beliefs (or perceptions about their beliefs)
>> be what they were judged on by the electorate.
>
> That would probably be the best, but then, perhaps people would vote for
> the one candidate who praises God all the time?

It's a question of making beliefs be private or "none" becoming the
norm.  That's something that's going to take some time over here.

Jim

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 15:56:47 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 26/07/2014 15:25, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Not Robert Burns imho.
>
> Correct.
>
>> I go for Walter Scott.
>
> Whatever. It is a free world. ;-)