POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Stunned!!!! (Message 45 to 54 of 124)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Stunned!!!!
Date: 26 Jul 2014 03:21:04
Message: <53d356e0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> To become temples to those other gods, food and drink.

I don't know if you wrote that seriously or as sarcasm (your writing
style in this thread really is ambiguous, I must say), but in later
years I have become annoyed at the section of Christianity that uses
the term "god" as a derogatory term for people's hobbies or other
activities.

It's dismissive, disrespectful and derogatory. It's belittling people's
hobbies and, basically, putting one's own beliefs on a pedestal, above
other people's. It's presumptuous and self-righteous. It annoys me quite
a lot.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message