POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! : Re: Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stunned!!!!
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2014 04:11:04
Message: <53d36298$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/07/2014 08:21, Warp wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> To become temples to those other gods, food and drink.
>
> I don't know if you wrote that seriously or as sarcasm (your writing
> style in this thread really is ambiguous, I must say),

Every now and again I will try to give extra meaning to a sentence.
It was a juxtaposition of religion and our state run health service. It
is the sort of thing that people who like English like, to do. I am sure
most peoples do it. Another clue is the capitalisation. God <> god.

I like Irony as well, much more than sarcasm. The line about Churches
and Hospitals was irony.

(Note: In the above sentences. Irony is capitalised thus personifying
her. Which itself is a hidden meaning going back to before Christianity.)

> but in later
> years I have become annoyed at the section of Christianity that uses
> the term "god" as a derogatory term for people's hobbies or other
> activities.

I just get annoyed at the ones who open their mouths.

> It's dismissive, disrespectful and derogatory. It's belittling people's
> hobbies and, basically, putting one's own beliefs on a pedestal, above
> other people's. It's presumptuous and self-righteous. It annoys me quite
> a lot.

Only if you let it annoy you, surely?
I'm not being dismissive. I don't think that you should let nigglers get
under your skin. It is a form of Juju that gives them a righteous feeling.

--

Regards
     Stephen