POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Stunned!!!! (Message 11 to 20 of 124)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: Stunned!!!!
Date: 24 Jul 2014 05:36:01
Message: <53d0d381$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/24/2014 04:48 AM, Warp wrote:
> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.
>
> Love and tolerance indeed...

and obviously telling lies isn't that big of a deal either ...

Me: Curious as to when I might expect some sort of decision.
Him: I've been buried with quoting a bunch of stuff with a new customer.
Hope to get back with you later this week.

Silence for 10 days ...
Me: I'm hoping you've found a moment or two to think about taking me on,
so I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and ask .... When do I start!

Nothing after 5 more days ...

Without getting into gory details I /was/ actually willing to choke down
the bile and take one for my team (family) and accept the position if it
was offered. Thanks goodness my ex-ex wife can still read me like a book
and has let me off the hook

Post a reply to this message

> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.
>
> Love and tolerance indeed...

Never mind that - I'm told there are places where if you say, out loud,
that you don't believe in God, next day you'll find your house has been
burned to the ground. And don't bother reporting it to the police
either; they probably helped burn it.

Glad I don't live there...

Post a reply to this message

On 24/07/2014 11:36, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 07/24/2014 04:48 AM, Warp wrote:
>> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
>> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
>> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.
>>
>> Love and tolerance indeed...
>>

> and obviously telling lies isn't that big of a deal either ...
>
> Me: Curious as to when I might expect some sort of decision.
> Him: I've been buried with quoting a bunch of stuff with a new customer.
> Hope to get back with you later this week.
>
> Silence for 10 days ...
> Me: I'm hoping you've found a moment or two to think about taking me on,
> so I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and ask .... When do I start!
>
> Nothing after 5 more days ...
>
> Without getting into gory details I /was/ actually willing to choke down
> the bile and take one for my team (family) and accept the position if it
> was offered. Thanks goodness my ex-ex wife can still read me like a book
> and has let me off the hook

From my top-boss, speaking about the owner: when owner say "I will call
you on that", it means there will be no call and the subject is not to
be raised again.

It's better once you got the sub-titles.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)

Post a reply to this message

On 07/24/2014 06:02 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 24/07/2014 09:48 AM, Warp wrote:
>> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
>> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
>> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.
>>
>> Love and tolerance indeed...
>
> Never mind that - I'm told there are places where if you say, out loud,
> that you don't believe in God, next day you'll find your house has been
> burned to the ground. And don't bother reporting it to the police
> either; they probably helped burn it.
>
> Glad I don't live there...

LOL ... maybe that's where I'm living! My next door neighbor has a large
"God Delivers" sign in his front yard. Now he's a pleasant enough
fellow, who has been going through a rather rough patch lately. He's
never tired to sermonize but I often felt the urge to ask him ... how's
that working out for ya!

Post a reply to this message

On 07/24/2014 06:07 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> On 24/07/2014 11:36, James Holsenback wrote:
>> On 07/24/2014 04:48 AM, Warp wrote:
>>> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
>>> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
>>> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.
>>>
>>> Love and tolerance indeed...
>>>

>> and obviously telling lies isn't that big of a deal either ...
>>
>> Me: Curious as to when I might expect some sort of decision.
>> Him: I've been buried with quoting a bunch of stuff with a new customer.
>> Hope to get back with you later this week.
>>
>> Silence for 10 days ...
>> Me: I'm hoping you've found a moment or two to think about taking me on,
>> so I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and ask .... When do I start!
>>
>> Nothing after 5 more days ...
>>
>> Without getting into gory details I /was/ actually willing to choke down
>> the bile and take one for my team (family) and accept the position if it
>> was offered. Thanks goodness my ex-ex wife can still read me like a book
>> and has let me off the hook
>
>  From my top-boss, speaking about the owner: when owner say "I will call
> you on that", it means there will be no call and the subject is not to
> be raised again.
>
> It's better once you got the sub-titles.

yep normally that would be my take as well ... i guess i was expecting
more from one of my fellow "brothers in arms"

Post a reply to this message

> I hear there are still some places in the US where there are basically
> closet atheists who pretend to be Christians because else they would be
> shunned and discriminated against. They would basically become outcasts.

As a matter of fact the US have a long-standing history of this, dating
back even to British colonial times.

Post a reply to this message