POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheddar Gorge, anyone? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:32 EDT (-0400)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Cheddar Gorge, anyone?
Date: 30 May 2014 05:55:21

From: Doctor John
Date: 30 May 2014 06:43:43
On 30/05/14 10:55, scott wrote:

From: Stephen
Date: 30 May 2014 16:38:26
On 30/05/2014 11:43, Doctor John wrote:
> On 30/05/14 10:55, scott wrote:

From: Doctor John
Date: 31 May 2014 05:41:27
Message: <5389a3c7@news.povray.org>
On 30/05/14 21:38, Stephen wrote:
> On 30/05/2014 11:43, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 30/05/14 10:55, scott wrote:
>>> Pickle with mine please.
>>>
>> Dill or Branston?
>>
> Neither. Chip shop egg.

Eggselent choice. As the Feegle would say 'Num, num.'

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 31 May 2014 23:24:13
Message: <538a9cdd$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 May 2014 23:07:01 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>> > A country edition.
>> >
>> > Pigswill.
>
>> Stilton
>
> Damned if I understand what's happening here.

Ditto.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2014 03:43:05
Message: <538ad989$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2014 04:24, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>>> Stilton
>>
>> Damned if I understand what's happening here.
>
> Ditto.

It is a nonsense (think Lewis Carol) game from the British radio comedy

being old to being decrepit. It is off the wall humour the same set of
comedians that Monty Python came from.
That was the background. It is also a social signifier. (And make what
you will of that.)
You may have noticed that we Brits like absurd humour and often pepper
our speech with references to times gone by. This is a fine example.

TTFN

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> It is a nonsense (think Lewis Carol) game from the British radio comedy

> being old to being decrepit. It is off the wall humour the same set of
> comedians that Monty Python came from.
> That was the background. It is also a social signifier. (And make what
> you will of that.)
> You may have noticed that we Brits like absurd humour and often pepper
> our speech with references to times gone by. This is a fine example.

I enjoyed listening to it while driving to or from work :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> You may have noticed that we Brits like absurd humour and often pepper
> our speech with references to times gone by. This is a fine example.

But let it never be said that British humor doesn't keep up with
the times... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> You may have noticed that we Brits like absurd humour and often pepper
>> our speech with references to times gone by. This is a fine example.
>
> But let it never be said that British humor doesn't keep up with
> the times... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

Thanks, I had not seen that clip. It's good to see Ronnie Corbett still
working. He was in that group of comics who came to the fore in the
60's. (He's 83, you know! :-) )

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> It's good to see Ronnie Corbett still working.

Just found this and his wife is one pissed off person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/18/ronnie-corbett-not-retiring-for-health-reasons_n_4984185.html

--

Regards
     Stephen