POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheddar Gorge, anyone? : Re: Cheddar Gorge, anyone? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheddar Gorge, anyone?
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2014 03:43:05
Message: <538ad989$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2014 04:24, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>>> Stilton
>>
>> Damned if I understand what's happening here.
>
> Ditto.

It is a nonsense (think Lewis Carol) game from the British radio comedy

being old to being decrepit. It is off the wall humour the same set of
comedians that Monty Python came from.
That was the background. It is also a social signifier. (And make what
you will of that.)
You may have noticed that we Brits like absurd humour and often pepper
our speech with references to times gone by. This is a fine example.

TTFN

--

Regards
     Stephen