POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PovCon London Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  PovCon London (Message 11 to 20 of 45)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: PovCon London
Date: 27 May 2014 14:39:16
Message: <5384dbd4$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 May 2014 09:44:52 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> On 5/26/2014 10:10 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 May 2014 11:32:01 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> The proposal for Mr James Henderson is duly noted but it should be
>>> pointed out that the coffers of the Great British branch of PovCon do
>>> not run to expenses.
>>
>> And, of course, the expenses for this particular member's journey to
>> the event would be considerable, as he is not in fact in Europe, but
>> the American Pacific Northwest. ;)
>>

> You could always start up PovCon London: Pacific Northwest Gathering.

Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW -
Seattle, for example, or Portland?

Jim

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 27 May 2014 14:47:22
Message: <5384ddba$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/27/2014 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW -
> Seattle, for example, or Portland?

Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 27 May 2014 16:54:21
Message: <5384fb7d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2014-05-27 14:47, Kevin Wampler a écrit :
> On 5/27/2014 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW -
>> Seattle, for example, or Portland?
>>

> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.

Wasn't H.E. Day also on the Upper Left Coast?

From: Stephen
Date: 27 May 2014 17:46:59
Message: <538507d3$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/05/2014 19:47, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> On 5/27/2014 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW -
>> Seattle, for example, or Portland?
>>

> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.

And you haven't met up?
Shame on you.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 May 2014 18:09:25
Message: <53850d15$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 May 2014 11:47:33 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> On 5/27/2014 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW -
>> Seattle, for example, or Portland?
>>

> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.

Cool - I'm in Bellevue - moved here the end of February. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 May 2014 18:09:46
Message: <53850d2a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 May 2014 22:47:00 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 27/05/2014 19:47, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> On 5/27/2014 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually, that's not a bad idea - how many POVers are here in the PNW
>>> -
>>> Seattle, for example, or Portland?
>>>

>> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.
>>

> And you haven't met up?
> Shame on you.

Indeed, we might have to change that. :)

Jim

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 27 May 2014 23:02:10
Message: <538551b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/27/2014 2:47 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 27/05/2014 19:47, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>>
>> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.
>>

> And you haven't met up?
> Shame on you.

Well *somebody* clearly forgot to send me an invitation to the previous
PovCon London: Seattle Gathering.

In seriousness, I have a pretty busy summer, but June 6th or 7th would
work well for me if it also works for you and Jim.

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 28 May 2014 07:01:19
Message: <5385c1ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/05/14 04:02, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> Well *somebody* clearly forgot to send me an invitation to the previous
> PovCon London: Seattle Gathering.

The Hon Secretary has been formally reprimanded.

> In seriousness, I have a pretty busy summer, but June 6th or 7th would
> work well for me if it also works for you and Jim.

I, of course, will be unable to attend - London Underground have not
seen fit to extend the Tube lines out to the village of Seattle.
However, I hope you two get it together. Don't forget that you are
allowed only one (1) on-topic item on the agenda - discussion of Pov
personalities counts as off-topic.

John (President for Life)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 May 2014 12:25:36
Message: <53860e00$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 May 2014 20:02:21 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> On 5/27/2014 2:47 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 27/05/2014 19:47, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>>>
>>> Probably at least a few -- I'm in Seattle.
>>>

>> And you haven't met up?
>> Shame on you.
>>

> Well *somebody* clearly forgot to send me an invitation to the previous
> PovCon London: Seattle Gathering.

It wasn't just you who didn't get the invite. :)

> In seriousness, I have a pretty busy summer, but June 6th or 7th would
> work well for me if it also works for you and Jim.

June 7 probably works better for me.  Are you on the west side of the
lake (sounds like you probably are)?

Anyone else in the area?

Jim

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 28 May 2014 13:06:03
Message: <5386177b@news.povray.org>
On 5/28/2014 9:25 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> June 7 probably works better for me.  Are you on the west side of the
> lake (sounds like you probably are)?

Yeah, I'm in Seattle proper.  Something I could easily bus to would be
ideal, but I'm perfectly willing to drive somewhere if that's easier of
other folks.

Any ideas for where?  I know a few good beer-places and a few good
whiskey / cocktail places (mostly in Capitol Hill, Downtown, Fremont,
and Ballard areas), but I don't know what you and Stephen like to drink,
and I'm sure you have your own places you like.