POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) (Message 61 to 70 of 78)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen andanypersonwithasenseofhumour(orhumorinJim'scase=
Date: 12 Jan 2014 16:15:35
Message: <52d305f7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/01/2014 8:22 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> >Umm. I was, but I got distracted by a pair of little old ladies in
>> >another thread arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a
>> >pin (or some such irrelevancy).
>> >Out of generosity we should allow Stephen his victory; after all, he
>> >doesn't win that often despite his somewhat over the top celebrations.

> Well, perhaps you're right - I mean, we*can*  debate the rules

You certainly can. ;-)

a bit to
> determine if it was a legitimate win,

Damn! Here come the cruse missiles (late again).

but if you're OK with it, then I'll
> consider myself overruled (at least) and accept the win as well.:)

Ahem! Don't you mean accept the loss?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jan 2014 16:19:03
Message: <52d306c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/01/2014 1:00 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Umm. I was, but I got distracted by a pair of little old ladies

A pair of Queens?

in
> another thread arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a
> pin (or some such irrelevancy).

One. They are territorial wee buggers.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen inJim'scase=
Date: 12 Jan 2014 17:12:27
Message: <52d3134b@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:08:22 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 12/01/2014 8:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Well, yes, it is, except when the above two rules are in effect.  Cite:
>> "NF Stovold’s Mornington Crescent: Rules and Origins," page 3,642,
>> paragraph 3, clause 4.
>>

> But not, when they aren't.
>
> It is true what they say. No sense of timing. :-P

>> Except when the third party is correct in his challenge. :P
>
> Especially, if the third party is correct in his challenge

It seems that you're agreeing with me. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Jan 2014 17:13:20
Message: <52d31380@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:15:34 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> Well, perhaps you're right - I mean, we*can*  debate the rules
>
> You certainly can. ;-)
>
> a bit to
>> determine if it was a legitimate win,
>
> Damn! Here come the cruse missiles (late again).

You forgot to open the doors.  Duck. ;)

> but if you're OK with it, then I'll
>> consider myself overruled (at least) and accept the win as well.:)
>
> Ahem! Don't you mean accept the loss?

I was pretty precise in what I said - but if you want to call it a loss,
that's fine by me as well. ;)

Jim