POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666 (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666
Date: 26 Dec 2013 22:09:32
Message: <52bcef6c@news.povray.org>
Anyone knows if it's going to be released as open-source for community
dev.? I really would like to keep using it and future developments.

I use the Free and Lite ver. because it's like the 2.xx vers. but with
all the improvements of ver 5.

Post a reply to this message

On 27/12/2013 03:09 AM, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Anyone knows if it's going to be released as open-source for community
> dev.? I really would like to keep using it and future developments.
>
> I use the Free and Lite ver. because it's like the 2.xx vers. but with
> all the improvements of ver 5.

Ah WinAmp, the best media player of them all until AOL happened to it...
It's still my favourite. Oh well, I still have the installer on my
harddrive. I guess I can still continue to use it forever. (Or at least,
until it bitrots into oblivion...)

Post a reply to this message

> On 27/12/2013 03:09 AM, Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Anyone knows if it's going to be released as open-source for community
>> dev.? I really would like to keep using it and future developments.
>>
>> I use the Free and Lite ver. because it's like the 2.xx vers. but with
>> all the improvements of ver 5.
>
> Ah WinAmp, the best media player of them all until AOL happened to it...
> It's still my favourite. Oh well, I still have the installer on my
> harddrive. I guess I can still continue to use it forever. (Or at least,
> until it bitrots into oblivion...)

I thought everyone had moved to VLC by now...

> Anyone knows if it's going to be released as open-source for community
> dev.? I really would like to keep using it and future developments.
>
> I use the Free and Lite ver. because it's like the 2.xx vers. but with
> all the improvements of ver 5.

Save WinAmp, sign the petition plaese:
https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/save-winamp#share

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:12:57 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:

> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Anyone knows if it's going to be released as open-source for community
>> dev.? I really would like to keep using it and future developments.
>>
>> I use the Free and Lite ver. because it's like the 2.xx vers. but with
>> all the improvements of ver 5.
>
> Save WinAmp, sign the petition plaese:
> https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/save-winamp#share

Of course, it's also possible that, due to licensing issues, they can't
open source it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Ah WinAmp, the best media player of them all until AOL happened to it...
>
> I thought everyone had moved to VLC by now...

I thought VLC was just a buggy video player...

Post a reply to this message