POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:32:20 EDT (-0400)
  One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting (Message 31 to 40 of 144)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
Date: 23 Dec 2013 08:27:13
Message: <52b83a31$1@news.povray.org>
>> One of the things I look for is WHY is this guy evil?
>
> Don't ask that, because we all know but fear the answer.
>
> You see it in the daily political discussions. Everywhere they shout: We
> must fight against "terrorism"!
>
> But nearly no-one ask: Why do young men get so despaired in their lives,
> that they bomb themselves away? Why are they so disappointed about our
> world, about their future in this world that they hope for salvation in
> a promised heaven?

This is something I've never figured out.

It's apparently no secret that the Muslims want us dead. But I haven't
got the vaguest idea *why*.

(And of course, "the Muslims want us dead" is such a wild exaggeration
that nobody should ever take such utter nonsense seriously.)

The best I can come up with is "somebody out there is really good at
convincing impressionable young people to kill themselves in a way which
they find profitable". Which isn't an especially convincing argument...

Post a reply to this message