POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas (Message 124 to 133 of 143)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:12:54
Message: <52b9eac6$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/13 19:44, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/12/2013 7:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> So, you don't know.
>>
>> Well, I'm pretty sure the station is closed tomorrow anyways, which is
>> making me wonder how we actually end tomorrow?
>>

> Shank's pony.

Well you certainly won't get a taxi.

I've got a spare bicycle if you want to borrow it or the Feegle might
lend you his scooter - bribery will be required (fresh mangoes work atm)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:16:35
Message: <52b9eba3$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/13 19:51, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>> hadn't considered.
>>
>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near where
>> I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the event....
>>
>> Crystal Palace.
>>
> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.
>
> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
> Albert.
>
> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).

Hang on! That's in between stations. Go straight to Jail without passing Go.

Jim, your move

John

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:51:31 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Bond Street (last minute shopping)
>>
>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>> hadn't considered.
>>
>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near where
>> I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the event....
>>
>> Crystal Palace.
>>
> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.

Well, true, it's an overground route.  Given some of the locations we've
been to, though, that didn't seem relevant in this game. :)

> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
> Albert.
>
> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).

As I thought. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:16:25 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 24/12/13 19:51, Stephen wrote:
>> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>>> hadn't considered.
>>>
>>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near
>>> where I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the
>>> event....
>>>
>>> Crystal Palace.
>>>
>> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
>> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.
>>
>> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
>> Albert.
>>
>> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).
>>

> Hang on! That's in between stations. Go straight to Jail without passing
> Go.
>
> Jim, your move

Actually, I think it's your move after Stephen's.  Yes, I'm pretty sure,
otherwise I'd be taking two turns in a row - and *I* don't want to end up
in Huff.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:44:37 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/12/2013 7:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> So, you don't know.
>>
>> Well, I'm pretty sure the station is closed tomorrow anyways, which is
>> making me wonder how we actually end tomorrow?
>>

> Shank's pony.

That seems reasonable, though maybe not for the pony.

Jim

Post a reply to this message