POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas (Message 121 to 130 of 143)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
Date: 24 Dec 2013 14:44:58
Message: <52b9e43a$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/2013 7:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> We're not there yet.;)
>>
>> So, you don't know.
>
> Well, I'm pretty sure the station is closed tomorrow anyways, which is
> making me wonder how we actually end tomorrow?

Shank's pony.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2013 14:46:02
Message: <52b9e47a$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/2013 7:22 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I don't really know. There has not been much done on it, the last few
>> >months. MR would know.
> MR?

He posts here (not OT) occasionally.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2013 14:51:52
Message: <52b9e5d8$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:11:04 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Pedant!
>>>

>> Bond Street (last minute shopping)
>
> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
> hadn't considered.
>
> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near where
> I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the event....
>
> Crystal Palace.

You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
line. And taxies never venture south of the river.

Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince Albert.

Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:12:54
Message: <52b9eac6$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/13 19:44, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/12/2013 7:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> So, you don't know.
>>
>> Well, I'm pretty sure the station is closed tomorrow anyways, which is
>> making me wonder how we actually end tomorrow?
>>

> Shank's pony.

Well you certainly won't get a taxi.

I've got a spare bicycle if you want to borrow it or the Feegle might
lend you his scooter - bribery will be required (fresh mangoes work atm)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:16:35
Message: <52b9eba3$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/13 19:51, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>> hadn't considered.
>>
>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near where
>> I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the event....
>>
>> Crystal Palace.
>>
> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.
>
> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
> Albert.
>
> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).

Hang on! That's in between stations. Go straight to Jail without passing Go.

Jim, your move

John

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:36:59
Message: <52b9f06b@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:51:31 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Bond Street (last minute shopping)
>>
>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>> hadn't considered.
>>
>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near where
>> I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the event....
>>
>> Crystal Palace.
>>
> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.

Well, true, it's an overground route.  Given some of the locations we've
been to, though, that didn't seem relevant in this game. :)

> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
> Albert.
>
> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).

As I thought. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:38:08
Message: <52b9f0b0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:16:25 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 24/12/13 19:51, Stephen wrote:
>> On 24/12/2013 7:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmmm, this one took a little thought, as Bond Street was something I
>>> hadn't considered.
>>>
>>> But in honour of the St. Paul Winter Carnival (which is from near
>>> where I'm originally from) and the ice castles they build for the
>>> event....
>>>
>>> Crystal Palace.
>>>
>> You got there quickly what with it being south of the river and no tube
>> line. And taxies never venture south of the river.
>>
>> Although it does give me the link of the Great Exhibition and Prince
>> Albert.
>>
>> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).
>>

> Hang on! That's in between stations. Go straight to Jail without passing
> Go.
>
> Jim, your move

Actually, I think it's your move after Stephen's.  Yes, I'm pretty sure,
otherwise I'd be taking two turns in a row - and *I* don't want to end up
in Huff.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:38:39
Message: <52b9f0cf@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:44:37 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 24/12/2013 7:23 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> So, you don't know.
>>
>> Well, I'm pretty sure the station is closed tomorrow anyways, which is
>> making me wonder how we actually end tomorrow?
>>

> Shank's pony.

That seems reasonable, though maybe not for the pony.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2013 15:58:49
Message: <52b9f589$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/2013 8:16 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Prince Albert Memorial (in the park).
>> >
> Hang on! That's in between stations. Go straight to Jail without passing Go.

What! You don't know about the admiralty tunnels all over (under)
central London? Especially the one from St. James's to the Royal Albert
Hall.

> Jim, your move

Yes, because John is in double Huff, now.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2013 16:06:56
Message: <52b9f770$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/12/2013 8:12 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Well you certainly won't get a taxi.

Too true, Guv.

> I've got a spare bicycle if you want to borrow it or the Feegle might
> lend you his scooter - bribery will be required (fresh mangoes work atm)

It had better be the scooter because the last time I rode a push bike in
the centre of Hammersmith. I was petrified.

Fresh mango, hmm!
Did I ever tell you about taking smoke breaks under a mango tree, when I
was working in Jamaica?

It was next to the changing rooms and at shift change. The smell of
ganja would knock you down and make you happy.

Mango, I can get.

--
Regards
     Stephen