POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas (Message 114 to 123 of 143)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
Date: 24 Dec 2013 14:03:30
Message: <52b9da82$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 15:51:25 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 23/12/2013 9:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 21:13:12 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Who are you calling a Stretch, Jimmy. ;-)
>>
>> Sorry, Stevie, that was Samantha.
>>

> My turn to use the "S" word again.
>
> Jimmy is a signifier that someone is from Glasgow. Every second person,
> including women, is called Jimmy.

Hehehehehe.  It was also a nickname I had when I was a young'un.

> As long as you have a "y" or "ie" at the end of your name. It is okay.
> Stevie is acceptable.

I hope so, because that was a nickname my little brother had when *he*
was a young'un.  His proper name is also spelled the same way yours is -
the number of times he was erroneously called "Stephanie" as a result is
legendary.

>>> OMG! Someone who thinks the journey is better than the arrival.
>>
>> Well, it depends on the destination, usually.  But in this particular
>> case, the journey's the point - because we all *know* the destination.
>>

> And that is?

We're not there yet. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message