POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : **!!ing Office 2013 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  **!!ing Office 2013 (Message 11 to 20 of 129)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: **!!ing Office 2013
Date: 15 Nov 2013 19:17:23
Message: <5286b993@news.povray.org>
On 15/11/2013 11:59 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:39:42 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>> I had an interview today,
>
> Hope it goes well.

Thanks, it did but it would be too nice to happen.

>> for a job based at the Elephant and Castle.
>> Only one change on the tube and I would get on one stop after the
>> terminus. Cross your fingers.
>
> Notting Hill. ;)

It is on the diagonal and you are in Kerfuffle. So the direction reverses.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 15 Nov 2013 20:24:45
Message: <5286c95d$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/11/13 23:39, Stephen wrote:
> Only one change on the tube and I would get on one stop after the
> terminus. Cross your fingers.

I cross my fingers, toes and several other parts of my anatomy. that
would put you in an excellent position to buy me a pint.

John (slowly dying of thirst)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 15 Nov 2013 20:28:51
Message: <5286ca53@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/13 01:24, Doctor John wrote:
> On 15/11/13 23:39, Stephen wrote:
>> Only one change on the tube and I would get on one stop after the
>> terminus. Cross your fingers.
>>

> I cross my fingers, toes and several other parts of my anatomy. that
> would put you in an excellent position to buy me a pint.
>
> John (slowly dying of thirst)

Oh, and I forgot to add, you might get to meet the Feegle.

John

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Nov 2013 23:32:46
Message: <5286f56e@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:17:26 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 15/11/2013 11:59 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:39:42 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> I had an interview today,
>>
>> Hope it goes well.
>>

> Thanks, it did but it would be too nice to happen.
>
>>> for a job based at the Elephant and Castle.
>>> Only one change on the tube and I would get on one stop after the
>>> terminus. Cross your fingers.
>>
>> Notting Hill. ;)
>>
> It is on the diagonal and you are in Kerfuffle. So the direction
> reverses.

Bugger.  I knew I shouldn't have made that move with everything going on
today.

So let's try King's Cross instead.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 16 Nov 2013 03:39:45
Message: <52872f51@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I do and I put it on the Kat's machine as well. I'm a bit concerned
> about Libre Office writing in .doc format though. Kat's publications
> have to be submitted in that format (she lectures on Medieval History
> and her publishers are positively medieval in what they accept; they
> won't even accept .pdf)

I will perhaps never understand why so many companies do so.

They are promoting and boosting sales of a product of another company,
for free.

What company promotes the product of another company absolutely for free?
Apparently Microsoft is in a privileged position where thousands and
thousands of other companies do so. Microsoft doesn't have to pay a cent
for free promotion.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 16 Nov 2013 04:16:08
Message: <528737d8$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2013 08:39 AM, Warp wrote:
> Doctor John<j.g### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> I do and I put it on the Kat's machine as well. I'm a bit concerned
>> about Libre Office writing in .doc format though. Kat's publications
>> have to be submitted in that format (she lectures on Medieval History
>> and her publishers are positively medieval in what they accept; they
>> won't even accept .pdf)
>
> I will perhaps never understand why so many companies do so.
>
> They are promoting and boosting sales of a product of another company,
> for free.

It seems a lot of humans believe that Microsoft is the only company
producing operating systems, office software, Internet browsers, email
clients...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2013 04:54:00
Message: <528740b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2013 1:28 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 16/11/13 01:24, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 15/11/13 23:39, Stephen wrote:
>>> Only one change on the tube and I would get on one stop after the
>>> terminus. Cross your fingers.
>>>

>> I cross my fingers, toes and several other parts of my anatomy. that
>> would put you in an excellent position to buy me a pint.

But not you to drink it. O_o

>> John (slowly dying of thirst)

Eh! You could trying making a pot of tea.

> Oh, and I forgot to add, you might get to meet the Feegle.

Doesn't time fly? Now you're going to the pub with your sun. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2013 04:56:56
Message: <52874168$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2013 4:32 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> It is on the diagonal and you are in Kerfuffle. So the direction
>> >reverses.
> Bugger.  I knew I shouldn't have made that move with everything going on
> today.
>
> So let's try King's Cross instead.

You can wake up now, Jim. They have all gone home and left the grapes.

What part of "So the direction reverses." do you not understand?
It is John's turn.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 16 Nov 2013 06:43:07
Message: <52875a4b$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/13 09:57, Stephen wrote:
> On 16/11/2013 4:32 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> It is on the diagonal and you are in Kerfuffle. So the direction
>> Bugger.  I knew I shouldn't have made that move with everything going on
>> today.
>>
>> So let's try King's Cross instead.
>
> You can wake up now, Jim. They have all gone home and left the grapes.
>
> What part of "So the direction reverses." do you not understand?
> It is John's turn.

Sorry. I was waiting for Jim to make his move. I thought we were playing
The Standard Metropolitan Rules, not the Inverse Tudor Court ones.

John

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2013 07:07:43
Message: <5287600f$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2013 11:43 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> Sorry. I was waiting for Jim to make his move. I thought we were playing
> The Standard Metropolitan Rules, not the Inverse Tudor Court ones.

It is the Kerfuffle variant of the Metropolitan Rules as defined in the
rule book (page 49, para 3, sub. 3.14, as you know). The Inverse Tudor
Court rules are a bit pernickety for an alien. Or a Grue, for that matter.

--
Regards
     Stephen