POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fruit flavours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Fruit flavours (Message 71 to 80 of 90)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Fruit flavours
Date: 26 Mar 2013 08:31:15
Message: <51519513$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/03/2013 11:20 AM, scott wrote:
> On the Acorn there was no concept of CPU load as we have today - the CPU
> was always running at 100%.

Interestingly, this is apparently how MS Access 97 works. It always uses
100% CPU. Because, in 1997, busy-waiting was an acceptable design decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Mar 2013 08:58:08
Message: <51519b60$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-3-2013 11:25, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Interestingly, there were several virus scanner programs for the Amiga,
> so clearly there were viruses around. I guess without the Internet, it's
> just that much harder to catch one...

They were spread through the exchange of floppy disks I seem to remember
from my Amiga days ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message