POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fruit flavours : Re: Fruit flavours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruit flavours
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Mar 2013 17:42:00
Message: <515367a8$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:56:20 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> I’m sorry, I thought that I had replied to you. I had a BSOD which wiped
> my own memory as well.

:(

> I grew up thinking Willie Rushton was the bee’s knees. Then, as I grew
> aware of the world, I found his right ling views unpalatable. I can’t
> hear recordings of him now without hearing a pompous, self regarding,
> smart arse, too full of his own self importance. But he was funny.

That's a shame.  I feel kinda the same way about Jeremy Hardy, even
though his leanings are similar to mine (but a bit more to the left).
There are places where comedy and politics play well (and he uses this to
great effect on The News Quiz), but other places where it doesn't belong.

>> About the closest they come now to that kind of timing is in the game
>> Word for Word, when (almost always as the second word), Tim will say
>> "Pardon?" and then the other player will repeat what he said
>> previously, to which Tim says "No, that was my word."
>>
>> That one makes me chuckle every time, even though it's entirely
>> predictable.
>>
> I thought that it was Graeme who did that.

That could be.  It's usually late when we're listening. :)

>> even with the floating guest spot (which they really should just let
>> Rob Broydon fill full time),
>
> I like the variety, one day they might get Nicolas Parsons.

The variety is nice - it was fun to listen to a show from series <mumble>
with Sandi Toksvig on it.  She made a joke about being proud to be one of
a long list of female guests they'd had on the show, and it went over
very well. :)

>> but putting Barry or Graeme in charge (I couldn't see Tim doing it)
>> would change the entire dynamic.
>>
>> But I think Jack does his own thing - he doesn't try to be Humph, and
>> that's a good thing.  I think if he did that, it wouldn't work at all.
>> His demeanor is similar, but also distinctly different.
>>

> He does the best at an impossible job - filling Humph's boots.

That's the truth, no mistake about that.

Jim