POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  This week's WTF moment (Message 57 to 66 of 86)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: This week's WTF moment
Date: 16 Jan 2013 19:29:20
Message: <50f745e0@news.povray.org>
> No. But it's a download page with no indication that this stuff is *not*
> supposed to be free. And apparently half the Internet genuinely mistook
> this stuff for being free; there's a bazillion news articles about how
> Adobe has decided to make their old products free. I read several of
> these before I found one with an actual retraction on it.

So because news editors who have nothing to do with Adobe nor asked them
before publishing their articles claimed that it's free, Apple should
somehow comply? Why, exactly?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jan 2013 19:40:36
Message: <50f74884$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:00:27 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 16/01/2013 8:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:29:34 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Get access to every CS6 application and so much more for as low as
>>> US$49.99 per month.
>>>
>>> Is a clue to it not being free.
>>
>> To CS6 not being free.  What's available is CS2 IIRC.
>>

> Clue!

Well, there are plenty of companies that take old versions and make then
available for free - or commercial products that are now OSS (Blender,
for example).

> Which leads us to...
>
> Morning Town Crescent.
>
> :-D