POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This week's WTF moment : Re: This week's WTF moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This week's WTF moment
From: scott
Date: 17 Jan 2013 10:48:29
Message: <50f81d4d$1@news.povray.org>
> You do remember that this is something that you thought up?
> It did not happen it would not happen. CCE have procedures in place to
> stop it happening.

I was just trying to make an analogy with physical items. I have seen
large companies giving away free samples plenty of times before as a
marketing tool.

> Go on! Tell me again why you think that a company whose sole reason to
> be, is to distribute Coca Cola products for profit, would give away free
> product without stating that it was free as part of a marketing campaign.

When I got free samples before nobody told me it was free or part of a
marketing campaign, I just assumed it was because I was not asked to
pay. Was I meant to check before accepting the goods?

> Well I will let you read the Wiki entry and you can make up your own mind.
>
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft#United_Kingdom

Well this is from the "dishonesty" page that it links to:

to be regarded as dishonest:
(a) if he appropriates the property in the belief that he has in law the
right to deprive the other of it, on behalf of himself or of a third
person; or"

So it all comes down to whether the person *believes* they have a right
to the item or not, or rather whatever a court thinks they believed.