POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disney has bought Lucasfilms Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Disney has bought Lucasfilms (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Disney has bought Lucasfilms
Date: 2 Nov 2012 07:26:30
Message: <5093ade5@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] kosherhotmailcom> wrote:
> Will Disney rape our childhoods?

Just because Disney owns Lucasfilms doesn't means that Lucasfilms (or
George Lucas himself) ceases to exist and is removed from the
decision-making and creation process. I bet not much will change.

In fact, I'd say it would be *better* if Lucas were removed from
the production of the movie. He has clearly lost the ball, so any
subsequent movie might *improve* if it were made by someone else.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 07:26:30 -0400, Warp wrote:

> In fact, I'd say it would be *better* if Lucas were removed from the
> production of the movie. He has clearly lost the ball, so any subsequent
> movie might *improve* if it were made by someone else.

What they say is that he will be a 'creative consultant', but the film is
being produced by someone who was a VP at Lucasfilm IIRC.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> In fact, I'd say it would be *better* if Lucas were removed from
> the production of the movie. He has clearly lost the ball, so any
> subsequent movie might *improve* if it were made by someone else.

Tales handed down to me reveal that between Episodes 5 and 6 the
partnership between Lucas and the other guy behind the series came to an
end.  It would certainly explain why TESB was the best of the whole series.

Regards,
John