POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  The next chapter (Message 21 to 30 of 104)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: The next chapter
Date: 10 Oct 2012 18:41:20
Message: <5075f990$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:07:26 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 10/10/2012 06:59 PM, Warp wrote:
>> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>>> Seriously. You realise I'm never more than 17 feet from a computer,
>>> right? What do I need a phone for?
>>
>> Some people have friends who are not always 17 feet from a computer.
>
> Oh, sure, I'm not saying it's a useless device. I'm saying it's useless
> *to me*.

I'm curious how you manage to be within 17 feet of a computer when you're
skiing. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Oct 2012 03:07:52
Message: <50767048$1@news.povray.org>
> Some people have friends who are not always 17 feet from a computer.

Or they are within 17 feet, but it's not turned on. Since I was able to
access email/web from a phone I went from having my home PC on every
evening to it being quite unusual to turn it on in the evenings.

Post a reply to this message

>> Some people have friends who are not always 17 feet from a computer.
>
> Or they are within 17 feet, but it's not turned on. Since I was able to
> access email/web from a phone I went from having my home PC on every
> evening to it being quite unusual to turn it on in the evenings.

I can see how that might be useful. My PC, of course, has not been
turned off for several months now. I've got 4 copies of POV-Ray running
24 hours a day ATM.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm curious how you manage to be within 17 feet of a computer when you're
> skiing. ;)

He has a smartphone, of course...

--
                                                          - Warp