POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next chapter : Re: The next chapter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next chapter
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2012 13:15:19
Message: <5082dc27@news.povray.org>
On 10/7/2012 3:33, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> In terms of location, the building is literally 2 blocks from my front door.
> It's almost close enough to /walk/ to work.

TIL brits don't go outdoors. :-)

> I wrote quite a lot of C# code for somebody who doesn't "know" C# yet.
> Obviously it was all exercises. And they were really more interested in my
> problem-solving approach (and social skills) than the actual code produced
> (which was obviously trivial).

Congrats. This sounds like a great job to land.

> that after all this I can actually DO the job! O_O

Of course you can. C# is actually a pretty straight-forward imperative
language unless you start getting into very weird-ass stuff like generating
code on the fly or something like that. It's a pretty big language, most of
which makes sense.

> PS. My quip about Mordor seems tame compared to some of the jokes I heard
> offered in the office. Indeed, that quip may even by why they invited me
> back in the first place... (But that's just speculation on my part.)

I wouldn't be surprised.

Again, congrats!

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "They're the 1-800-#-GORILA of the telecom business."