POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Maths related riddle Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Maths related riddle (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Fuller
Subject: Maths related riddle
Date: 4 Sep 2012 01:08:18
Message: <50458cc2@news.povray.org>
My son has a maths trivia / riddle sheet to complete and one question
has us all stumped.

The clue is "R is the D between the L and H S"

We have to provide the full phrase.  An example is "An I T has 2 E S"
for which the answer is "An Isosceles Triangle has 2 Equal Sides".

I came up with the following attempts:

"Radius is the Distance between the ..."

or

"Remainder is the Difference between the ..."

or

"Rate is the Differential between the ..."

,but can't fill in L and H S.

Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

Paul Fuller <pgf### [at] optusnetcomau> wrote:
> My son has a maths trivia / riddle sheet to complete and one question
> has us all stumped.
>
> The clue is "R is the D between the L and H S"
>
> Any ideas?

H for hypotenuse?

Post a reply to this message