POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Move with the times (Message 91 to 100 of 113)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Move with the times
Date: 3 Oct 2012 11:13:43
Message: <506c5626@news.povray.org>
> >> Now, imagine watching a movie on a screen that's so tiny that you have
> >> to hold it a few inches in front of your face to even be able to /see/
> >> it.
> >
> > And again with the exaggerations. Just stop it, please.

> What makes you think this is an exaggeration?

"A few inches" is something like 3 to 5 inches. That's like 10 cm.
Holding anything that close would make it hard to see anything. Nobody
does that, if for nothing else, then for that reason alone.

If you are watching something like a TV series or a music video, it's
perfectly comfortable wathing it like you would read a book. There's
nothing to it. You don't keep a book 10 cm from your face when you read,
do you?

So yes, "you have to hold it a few inches in front of your face" is a
huge exaggeration.

It seems to me that you have never actually *tried* using an iPhone,
you are just talking from your behind.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message