POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 3 Oct 2012 13:26:28
Message: <506c7544$1@news.povray.org>

> On 03/10/2012 01:59 PM, Warp wrote:
>> There's more multimedia out there than just Lord of the Rings movies.
>> Things like TV series, documentaries, comedy routines and so on do not
>> require a movie theater sized screen. They can very well be enjoyed from
>> a 4-inch screen while sitting on a train.
>
> I was about to make some comment about how excruciatingly loud trains
> are - and then I remembered, that's only UK trains. Other parts of the
> world have a train system with actual /investment/...
>
>>> Now, imagine watching a movie on a screen that's so tiny that you have
>>> to hold it a few inches in front of your face to even be able to /see/
>>> it.
>>
>> And again with the exaggerations. Just stop it, please.
>
> What makes you think this is an exaggeration?

Because no one is seriously talking about watching movies on the screen
of a 5 year old flip-phone.

As mentioned multiple times already, the screen size and resolution on
newer smart phones is at least 4 times as big as your dinosaur's, which
makes it more than easily viewable at a comfortable distance.

Exhibit A:
http://clicktechnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mw1.jpg

Exhibit B:
http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/how-to-put-movies-on-iphone.s600x600.jpg